Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reconsider

I've decided to give Shakespeare another chance. He was torment in Junior High when I had to read Romeo and Juliet and The Tempest in ninth grade. Then he came back for his revenge in Twelfth Night for my sophomore year. I mean, come on. I would have rather dug my eyes out with spoons than read another play by Shakespeare.

Then last night, I saw Much Ado About Nothing and I loved it. It was really intense in some parts, but it was amazing. Our Drama Department at school does a really good job. Anyway, my point is that I've grown up a little bit since my sophomore year, and my understanding of things has increased. If I can follow a Shakespeare by watching play, I should certainly be able to READ the play.

I'm sorry for being so ignorant of you, Shakespeare, but I'm ready to reconcile.