Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Wow. Can't believe I have survived 2012. It's a very odd feeling, but very liberating at the same time.

So, in honor of this new year, as usual, I have come up with a few resolutions. I feel like these resolution are a bit different than ones I have done in previous years.  Why? You'll see in a minute.

There are three main ones I'm going to be focusing on.

  1. Write a novel.  That is a feat in and of itself.  If that weren't crazy enough though, I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November. The challenge is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.  Crazy, yes?  But just crazy enough to work.
  2. Get an internship. I'm down to the wire.  Graduation is going to be here so soon.  Today, it's not enough to graduate college, but the workplace wants you to have experience as well.  I'm going to be applying for a few internships, but there's one that I really want to get.  It's at a place called Cedar Fort Books in Springville.  Yes, they may only publish LDS-type books, but they have an editorial intern position that has everything I want to be doing.  I'm going to be in prime position for it too, by the time summer rolls around.  
  3. Graduate.  This is it.  Something I have been hoping and dreaming about since I started in 2009.  In less than a year I will be finished. No more tests, no more homework, no more crazy balancing act between school and two jobs. (Because that's all I've knows for the last 3 years.)
This year is going to be epic.

I know I gave you a promising teaser in my last post, but the truth is, I don't think I'm up for it.  If you want to know details, just let me know in person and I'm sure I'll probably spill.  But for now, we'll just leave it at that and not post it for all of cyberspace to read.

P.S. I'm sorry if you encounter any typos.  For some reason my keyboard is refusing to work properly, and the letters keep wanting to jump around, and my letter "s" just wants to be invisible becaue ometimes it refuses to show up.  

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have my fingers crossed for you sistah about the internship...and the guy. Love you Leesh!