Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gillian's Leg

I took the ACT again yesterday. I have to say, I think I did a lot better than last time - except for the essay, but it doesn't even count to the composite score, so I don't think it really matters. Then, of course, I got sick. A cold - yeah, in the middle of April. But I guess it's not that outrageous considering it was snowing last night. So, I woke up this morning, with the chills and a cough. I wanted to go to my cousins baby blessing, but I figured I was going to be miserable the whole time, so I didn't go.

Oh, and another thing. Gillian, my sister, broke her leg yesterday. Yep. She went to the Legacy Center Pool with Shay Munger and Hannah Shafer. I guess there was a part of the jungle gym with steps, and one of the steps was underwater. My sister was coming down those steps, and she missed the one underwater and slipped. She sat there screaming her head off; Hannah and Shay were trying to help her. None of the lifeguards were doing anything. Finally one comes over and asks if she was all right. Then they carried her out of the pool. Kirsten Shafer was luckily there and started calling our home. I wasn't home and the boys didn't know the number, so they didn't answer it. She decided she should just take her home.

By now, I came home and I was hanging out with Hannah. Kirsten came over with Gillian and I tried to get a hold of my parents. We put Gillian on the couch and waited for my parents to come home. Kirsten thought it was broken, and Hannah thought it was just a sprain. It turns out she broke it in one place, and fractured it in another place.

Okay, well thanks to the wonderful miracle of Spring Break, I will have some time to write some more stuff and take some pictures. Oh, and dude, I'm going to a Paramore/Jimmy Eat World Concert tomorrow, so expect to hear all about that!

1 comment:

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

Ok, now it is my turn for Vanessa stories......
Honestly, does she think that I haven't ever worked there before?
And then there was a thief incident, and cops got involved, and she wouldn't let any of the 7 people there go home until we were all ready to leave, and then the money wouldn't count correctly.....
Whew, I'm getting a headache just reliving it.
You work this Sat right? If so, it's Jennie not "Nessie"!