Monday, August 30, 2010

Impressions of a New School Year

  • I love, love, love, that I am I walking distance from BYU.  It's so nice - I don't have to drive my car a mile and then walk another mile to get to campus.  I'm two blocks away. However, there is a huge hill I need to walk up everyday to get to campus.  By the time I get up that huge hill, I'm sweaty and out of breath.  On the upside, though, if I have to climb this every day, I'm going to get toned in my legs and hopefully lose a few pounds!
  • After waiting in line for one hour and fifteen minutes, I am now an official BYU employee.  I'm all set to work at the Testing Center :)  Yay!  It's going to be a breeze.
  • I feel really intimidated by my Italian class, although the professor tells us it's easy if we keep up on the readings and participate in class.  (Oh my goodness, he is super cute.  He's only 22 years old, and he speaks fluent Italian.  Yeah, I should have no problem paying attention in that class.)
  • My English Language class should be interesting.  The professor is an old guy with a really dry sense of humor, and he likes to talk a lot.  I don't have a problem with this since I like dry senses of humor and I like to listen.  He seems like a funny guy, so I'm hoping it's not boring and I can grasp the concept matter.
Two new classes tomorrow I still need to experience, but overall, I have a good feeling about this year.  Let's just hope it stays with me through the majority of the semester.  

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I lost a whole pant size or more when I was in school just from all the walking, especially since I was usually late and had to walk faster. Gotta love the cute professors. You crack me up!

jain said...

i've heard of this italian teacher! my friend was in love with him. he was in her spanish class. (wait, what? i know.) and who is your english teacher? i had professor jackson last year. he was . . . interesting.