Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Year

I’m so sick of feeling sorry for myself. I’m tired of not having any confidence. Why do I beat myself up about the smallest things? I am an amazing, independent, strong, beautiful, talented, creative, smart, unique, passionate, and extraordinary individual. I’m so blessed, and I neglect to see it almost 24/7. It’s time to stop my insecure ways. Here and now, I’m making a pledge. I’m going to start taking care of myself, because I’m worth the hard work. I’m going to have the conviction to do things I would otherwise be scared to do. I’m going to take some chances, learn to live a little. I’ve been so protected in my shell. It’s time to make some changes. I’m a powerful woman. I can do whatever I set my mind to. I’m going to stop caring what others think, because as far as I’m concerned, only two opinions matter right now: God’s and mine. Next year is my senior year, and I’m not going to sit by and watch other people have all the fun. Nope, not going to happen. This leads me into my next topic; New Year’s Resolutions.

  1. Lose weight – yeah, I know, on everyone’s list, but I’m serious about it.
    a. Go to the Legacy Center at least three times a week.
    b. Hire Hannah as a Personal Trainer.

  2. Apply to three colleges before the end of next year.


  3. Take the ACT and get a 30 or above (out of 36).


  4. Go on lots of dates (may or may not require a boyfriend).


  5. Go to my first real concert – no Kim, the Backstreet Boys concert didn’t count.


  6. Acquire many scholarships (I guess I need to work on apply for them as well).


  7. Make Editor-in-Chief on my school newspaper.


  8. Publish something I’ve written.


  9. Continue developing talents such as photography and music.


  10. Be more positive – Smiley faces are still my icon.


  11. Don’t worry so much – relax, things will work out.


  12. Own a car before my next birthday – everything paid off.


  13. Get everything SUPER organized so I don’t have to worry about losing or forgetting anything.


  14. Say, “I love you,” more to friends and family – they know it, but need to hear it more often.


  15. Stick with all of these goals until Thanksgiving at the very least.


Wow, it’s amazing what you can sometimes end up writing off a whim. Happy New Year! :]

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Awesome post, Leesh.
You are so unselfish that putting yourself first doesn't occur to you most times. Well, maybe it's time. You can do all if those things on your list and more...

If we could only see ourselves as Heavenly father sees us. I know I would act differently at times... good luck with your list. I am totally rooting for you! And Love you!
But Hannah as a PT? She eats candy by the truckload and washes it down with Cherry Icees. She is kinda mean sometimes, so maybe that is a good trait to have for a PT.

Stacy said...

You go girl! I love you so much and I know you can do whatever is in your heart.

The Wood Monkeys said...

You can DO it!! What a great post!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Hey Leesh,
I must say I am taking offense to your denial about the Back Street Boys as not being a "real" concert. That is like me saying that my parents taking us to see the Osmonds at the Marriot Center was not a "real" concert. : ) It was "real" Leesh!
I am very impressed with your goals and agree with you 100% about you, YOU are an amazing person my girl. Your gifts from our Heavenly Father are priceless. You CAN accomplish the things you want to with His help and His Love. Please know I pray for your success and happiness.

Love you Forever Leesh!!