Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Birthdays are weird. I was just thinking earlier how a birthday isn't originally special. Think about it - who came up with the idea to give you presents on the anniversary you were born? I would seriously like to know. I'm not complaining or anything of course; I'm just thinking.

It doesn't really feel like I'm eighteen. I'm sure it won't until I graduate. I'm still going to live at my parents house, go to school, keep my job... nothing is really going to change. Not yet anyway. But I know it's coming soon.


Well. I promise to write something in newspaper tomorrow. It promises to be a boring day.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Just wait until you become a mother and you will know why birthdays were invented.

:)

Stacy said...

Happy birthday Aleesha! hope you have a happy day love the Schmalz kids. (Sophie wrote this)

Shirl said...

ALEESHA:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BIRTHDAYS. WHEN I TURNED 16, NOT ONE PERSON IN MY HOUSE (INCLUDING MY MOTHER) WISHED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY. IT WAS JUST ANOTHER DAY TO THEM. SO BE GLAD THAT SOMEONE CARES. LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!! GRANDMA B

Suzie said...

I sincerely believe that birthdays past a certain age are for a different purpose. Yes, there can be celebrating. Yes, there might be presents and cake, but for me they have proved to be a day in which I can take in all my blessings and take inventory of how my life is going.
With that being said, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday (belated) and hope with all my heart that your wishes and dreams all come true.
You deserve it!