Friday, September 19, 2008

Something Creative

I wrote this with the help of my writer's block book. It gave me a word (clueless), and I wrote about it (it's an unbelievable process, I know!). Enjoy! Let me know what you think.



What is it with this guy? I tell him no, he ignores me. I try to move around him, he blocks my attempt. If I have to hear one more word about his “unique” personality, I’m going to shoot myself. How long has it been? Ten minutes? Twenty minutes? Smile and nod. That’s all I could do.

I may never grocery shop again.

I felt someone come up behind me and put my hand into theirs. I looked to see a ridiculously attractive man now standing next to me. (Fun fact; he was taller than the squirt who wouldn’t stop talking.)

“Honey, I’m glad found you," he said. "You wouldn’t believe the line at the deli.”

Squirt backed off a little and said, “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize… you waiting for someone.”

“Yeah,” I sighed. “Well, if you don’t mind we need to get going.” I smiled. Finally.

I pushed my cart with one hand while the handsome gentleman still held my other hand. “Thank you so much. He would not take any of my hints.”

“Yeah, so I noticed. I was only watching for a few seconds, and then even I couldn’t stand him anymore.”

I nodded. “Yeah, I owe you one – I’m sorry, what’s your name?”

“Oh, it’s Ethan. What’s yours?”

“Amber.”

“Nice to meet you.” He was quiet for a few awkward seconds, and then said, “May I have my hand back?”

I looked down to find my hand still entwined within his.

“Oh, of course! I’m very sorry.”

“It’s not a problem. Maybe I could get a rain check for next Saturday night to hold your hand again.”

My smile grew bigger. It started to hurt my checks, but I couldn’t stop.

“It’s a possibility,” I said bashfully.

“How’s next Friday at 8:00?”

“It sounds good.”

“All right; it’s a date.”

I love grocery shopping.

No comments: