Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Opinions and Decisions


It feels good to vote. The big 18-year-old gets to vote. I went at a good time to go, too. I get out of school early on A-Days, so it was about 1:30 when I went over to Eaglecrest Elementary. There were hardly any people in line. Awesome.
Now that I've finally been able to experience voting, I have some mixed feelings about it.
I'm glad I've been able to voice my opinion; it makes me think someone cares about the minorities, too. On the other hand, the minority thing is the problem. I'm one vote out of millions. How can my vote matter?
I guess that's how everyone has to feel though. Everyone thinks their one vote won't make a difference, so they don't vote. I think the truth is the more people you get to vote, the greater the outcome will be. If 100 people voted this year that didn't vote last year, those 100 people can be influential. This is hard to explain, but do you see my point? (I can think of what I'm saying, and it makes sense in my head; it doesn't make sense when I try to put it into words though.)
Thanks for bearing with me through that little spiel. It seems like you have to do that a lot for my sake.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You will always remember your first time. VOTE that is!

Penguin said...

I'm eternally jealous that you got to vote. But i'm proud of you for voting! If nothing else, voting is your license to complain about the system. If you don't voice your opinion by deciding not to vote, you can't complain about policies, politicians, and everything else there is to moan about when it comes to politics in the U.S. So there you go. You have your license to complain now! :)