Saturday, November 15, 2008

Since You Are So Curious

Some of you may recall a blog post that was published last week. Some (okay, one) wanted to know what it was all about, because apparently, if I don't tell her, I'm going to be water tortured Chinese style. So, I give. I'll let you know what it was about. But, from now on, every once in a while you have to let me have my writing moments. A little mystery in my writing is good creatively sometimes.

Okay, so... I was working on November 5th. It was about 8:30 and we were all anxious to close the store. A lady came up to the customer service desk and asked me if we had anymore of these bowls she was looking for. I told her that if she didn't see them over where she found those other bowls, we didn't have anymore. I told her that I could call another store to check and see if they had anymore.

In between calls, this lady and I had a few conversations. One was about her sophomore grandson, another was about me and my plans for school. (I didn't really want to talk about myself, but I didn't want to be rude. I just answered all the questions she had for me.)

It was now about 8:45. She had left the store, while I continued to call other stores. Finally, I found the set of bowls she was looking for and had them sent up to our store the following week. After locating the bowls I called and told her they would be in on Monday.

Now for the part I was writing about in the previous post. She took our online survey and left this comment:

"I made a purchase of Fall Clearance glassware and needed three more of the same item. Aleesha spent considerable time calling other stores to locate these items. After I had to leave to get to another store before it closed, she continued to call, located the items and called to let me know when they would be in her store. It was 8:30 p.m., she was gracious and extremely helpful at such a late hour, after I'm sure a full day of school and work. She couldn't have been more efficient and pleasant. Your company is fortunate to have her representing Robert's to the public."

This is exactly what she said. So my point about my blog post was that I finally received some good recognition for my job. It wasn't anything I wouldn't have done for any other customer, but the fact that she noticed that I was going out of my way to perform good customer service was awesome. I'm glad someone finally showed appreciation.

That's what I meant when I wrote the above post. It was just too long of a story.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Thanks Leesha. You really are such a cute girl and I am rather fond of you ya know? I guess I will give the Chinese water torture a rest for now, but if I have to use it in the future I won't hesitate!