Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 10 - The hardest thing I've ever had to do

Honestly (and I am especially feeling it at this moment), I think choosing to come to BYU was the hardest thing I've ever done.  I am constantly feeling incompetent.  I came from my high school out on top, and now I'm struggling to stay above the water.  There are moments when I feel completely invisible and unimportant because I'm surrounded by people with the same goals in mind.  I have to battle against this lonely feeling a lot - it's getting kind of ridiculous.

However,
I am challenged every day by new concepts and opportunities.  I'm learning more than I have ever learned before in my life.  I am privileged to learn with the Spirit, and my testimony grows as well as my knowledge.  I've made great friends with my roommates - the best I could ever hope for.  I actually have something you could call a social life.  I now know more than ever that God loves me, and He wants me to be happy.

My point, BYU is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the best.  Often, that's how the best things in life are :)


I'll see you after finals.  (Assuming I don't die, of course!)

3 comments:

Suzie said...

this may be the most sincere thing I have read in a long time.
Love you!

Angela said...

Hang in there, cute girl! I remember how difficult college was, and I felt the same way you feel. But it will all be worth it in the end. All you need to do is the very best you know how to do! We're proud of you and we love you, remember that!

jain said...

i know exactly how you feel. EXACTLY.