Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 4 - Tell the Story of your Favorite Memory

One day, my family and I went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner.  This was about 6 years ago, I think... I'm pretty sure Bronson was only 2.  We went to our table and. and I had an extra seat next to me.  This was back when Gillian was really clingy to me, and I didn't like it.  

This was kind of mean of me, but I saw here going for the seat next to me and I said, "Sorry, this seat is saved for someone else who's name starts with a 'G'."  

She looked at me in that bratty 7 year old way and said, "Who?"  
Quickly, (and not very originally) I blurted out, "Grace, our older sister."  
Gillian said, "Yeah, right!  Where is she?"
"She's right here!"  I gestured to the chair next to me.
"There's no one there!"  
"Yes, there is!"  Pause. "Oh, no.  She ran into the bathroom because you hurt her feelings!"
I got out of my chair and "chased" her into the bathroom.  A few minutes later, I came out acting like I had my arms around Grace.  I led her to her chair, and then I sat down in mine.

I feel bad, because Gillian actually believed the fact for a few days that we had an older sister named Grace.  She was careful not to say anything that would hurt her feelings again.  Haha, to this day, Gillie and I still joke about Grace and how she is living her life.

:)

No comments: