Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Future (I Hope)

i still don't want to wake up; you might be gone. but, that's the thing about you; just when my hand starts to get cold, your fingers find mine. when tears fill my eyes, you're always there to kiss my forehead. i can't remember what life was like before you; i don't want to remember. you filled in the holes that i was missing and have planted feelings that can never be removed. never leave. never break my heart.

as i begin to wake up and open my eyes, i am relieved to see you there. you greet me with a soft kiss and a "good morning, beautiful."


i am happy; i am content. my life is perfect because you're here.

1 comment:

Mrs. Bingham's Blog said...

I really like the opening line...it's a misleading beginning, with a surprisingly happy twist! Good job!